Be a Part of IUC 42!
The Internationalization and Unicode Conference® (IUC) is the annual conference of the Unicode Consortium where experts and industry leaders gather to map the future of internationalization, ignite new ideas and present the latest in technologies and best practices for creation, management, and testing of global, web, and multilingual software solutions.
Join in with other industry leaders to present your ideas and solutions at the 42nd Internationalization & Unicode Conference (IUC 42) in Santa Clara, California, September 10-12, 2018.
Please submit your proposals for presentations or tutorials by Friday, March 9, 2018. Submission types could include case studies, best practices, innovative technology, or evolving standards, to name a few. Let your imagination be your only limit!
Past sessions have included talks on the following examples:
- Designing software products, platforms, operating systems, software as a service (SAAS), or programming environments
- Social networks and content networks
- Search engines, SEO, discovery best practices
- Websites and web services, libraries and education
- Mobile applications including Android, iPhone, iPad, Kindle, Windows Mobile, tablets
- Gaming, cable boxes and other platforms
- Content publishing and broadcasting for a global audience
- Security issues and best practices
- Speech to text, text to speech, voice applications, machine translation, machine learning
- Advances in language technologies, algorithms or methodologies
- Using internationalization libraries and programming environments
- Handling bidirectional or other complex scripts
- Locales and Common Locale Data Repository (CLDR)
- Font development and typography
- Open Source language libraries
Managing Global Software Development and Geographically Distributed Teams
- Project management and methodologies e.g. agile
- Best practices in localization processes and technologies
- Best practices in global-ready development, testing, and deployment
- Improving globalization capabilities within organizations
- Approaches for migrating legacy applications to global markets
Evolving Standards and Related Practices
- Endangered languages or un-encoded scripts
- Case studies and research on cross-culture communication
- Internationalized Domain Names and other identifiers
- Languages of Africa, Asia, and the Middle East
- ISO language tag support
- HTML5, CSS3, and modern browser support
- Dealing with data formats: XML, JSON, HTML5, DITA, and upcoming standards
- Unicode, encodings, scripts, character properties, and algorithms
- Emoji encoding, uses and support
Tutorial presenters receive complimentary conference registration, and two nights hotel accommodations. Session presenters receive a fifty percent conference discount and also two nights hotel accommodations.
To be considered as a presenter for the conference, please submit a brief abstract by Friday, March 9, 2018. The Program Committee will notify authors by April 13, 2018. Speaker agreements and materials such as photos, bios and final presentation abstracts will be required from selected presenters by Friday, April 27, 2018.